Founded in response to community needs, Aspira Counseling thrives to be innovative, creative and socially responsible.
As a private enterprise personalized care is paramount to engage our clients and raise their trust and comfort level.
Multiculturalism, bilingualism and acculturation are special areas we are excited to offer and work with. Respecting client's wishes, as of February 2015 SMART Recovery meetings are offered to interested clients enrolled in drug and alcohol treatment with Aspira Counseling. In addition, Family and Friends can attend to learn how to support their loved ones through substance use or addictive behavior and encourage change.
And there is more... Aspira Counseling is a new form of venture, a stakeholder entrepreneurship dedicated to include individuals, families, organizations and communities as clients. Providing workshops, training and consulting for businesses/organizations or government.
And still there is more... Aspira Counseling's most ambitious vision is to provide humanitarian services in the community. From the start a trained counselor has provided the following:
Providing long distance assistance to volunteer
responders and affected individuals during the 2017
Hurricane Season through the Zello app, assisting people
in Florida and Puerto Rico. Use the QR code to access the
Zello channel for Global Psychological First Aid
after natural disasters. Note, the channel is active
based on availability of volunteers.
Providing direct assistance during and after the
Thomas Fire at the Red Cross shelter and the
streets of Ventura and in response to the
Montecito debris flow. The Ventura and Santa
Barbara community was deeply affected and the
recovery process is ongoing.
Experience and education in:
- Substance abuse intervention and treatment (Certified)
- SMART Recovery meeting facilitation
- Family and Friends meeting facilitation (Based on CRAFT & SMART)
- Relapse Prevention (CENAPS)
- Acculturation and Ulysses Syndrome
- Domestic Violence (Batterer' treatment program)
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Psychological First Aid (PFA)
- Parenting and co-custody/high conflict parenting
- Psychological First Aid for disasters, refugees and immigrants in transit